Operational status of airport facilities:
As of 06/01/20
Our facility remains open, with restrictions and additional guidance for all users. Please see below for the status of airport facilities and personnel:
- Airfield is open and operational.
- FAA control tower: Normal operations. Please refer to the FAA for details regarding tower operations.
- Airport operations staff: Daily inspections conducted as scheduled.
- Airport administration office: Open for visitors by appointment only. Please wear masks. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Airport noise office: Closed to visitors. Phone calls and emails answered during business hours as normal.
- T-hangars and small-plane tenant facilities: Open.
- FBOs: Atlantic, Hawthorne, and Signature are open. As FBOs operate independently, please confirm operational details and any restrictions with each business.
- Charter operators, flight schools, and other airport businesses: Open for business. Please check with each operator for their current status.
Update on moving into “Phase III”
Published on 06/01/20
To the Chicago Executive Airport community:
I hope this message finds you safe and healthy.
This week, CEA moved into “Phase 3” of the governor’s Restore Illinois plan, so I wanted to share a quick update with you. In accordance with state guidance, the following rules are now in place during this phase:
- Groups of 10 people or less are allowed to congregate.
- Flight schools can be open for business (as was certified by IDOT several weeks ago).
Please note that the following guidance has not changed, and I ask for your cooperation:
- Continue practicing social distancing and wear a mask whenever possible. Airport staff will do the same.
- Continue to follow the policies of airport business, who as private entities may have slightly different procedures in place from one another.
Also, I am pleased to announce that the airport administrative office will open for schedule visitors on a limited basis beginning next week. At this time, I ask that you please make an appointment to come by the office ahead of time and to bring a mask with you. We have ample hand sanitizer at our front entrance for guests as well.
Our great airport community has weathered these additional restrictions with flexibility and optimism, and I’m looking forward to our airport returning to its normal operating status throughout the summer. Have a great week and stay safe.