Operational status of airport facilities:
As of 05/18/20
Our facility remains open, with restrictions and additional guidance for all users. Please see below for the status of airport facilities and personnel:
- Airfield is open and operational.
- FAA control tower: Normal operations. Please refer to the FAA for details regarding tower operations.
- Airport operations staff: Daily inspections conducted as scheduled.
- Airport administration office: Operating on minimal manning. Closed to all visitors. Phone calls and emails answered during business hours as normal.
- Airport noise office: Closed to visitors. Phone calls and emails answered during business hours as normal.
- T-hangars and small-plane tenant facilities: Open. Please see the below letter and honor the state’s “stay at home” policy as of March 20th.
- FBOs: Atlantic, Hawthorne, and Signature are open. As FBOs operate independently, please confirm operational details and any restrictions with each business.
- Charter operators, flight schools, and other airport businesses: Please check with each operator for their current status.
Updated: A letter to the CEA community:
Published on 03/20/20
To the Chicago Executive Airport community,
I’m writing to share the status of our airport following Governor Pritzker’s announcement today regarding the statewide “stay at home” order.
I want you to know that CEA is dedicated to keeping our airport operational and secure during these unprecedented times. We will run our operations and maintenance crews at full strength for the foreseeable future. The airfield is open, and our FAA control tower is operational. Please monitor official FAA NOTAMS for any changes in operations. NOTAMs can be accessed via this website, https://www.notams.faa.gov/dinsQueryWeb/
Our administrative office will be closed to visitors, and office functions will be reduced to only include those critical to the support of the airport’s minimal operations.
We ask that our tenants and users suspend all non-essential flights. As the governor instructed, now is the time to stay home and stay safe.
During these unprecedented times, I am grateful for our strong airport community. Please stay safe and thank you for your understanding. I will be in touch again as things change.